Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- The “CMT Artists of the Year”special at 8:00 p.m. on CMT.
The performers include Lady Antebellum, Sam Hunt, and “This Is Us” star Chrissy Metz. This year’s honorees are Carrie Underwood, Dan + Shay, Kane Brown, Thomas Rhett, Ashley McBryde, and Reba McEntire.
- “The Masked Singer”at 8:00 p.m. on Fox.
Last week’s elimination revealed that the Eagle was Dr. Drew Pinsky. There are still 12 celebrities in costumes.
- “Rhythm + Flow”on Netflix. This week are the Battle Round episodes, where the new rappers try to impress judges T.I., Cardi B, and Chance the Rapper. Whoever survives this week’s battles gets to make a music video in next week’s episodes.
- “Chicago Fire”at 8:00 p.m. on NBC. Part 1 of the Infection Crossover.
- “Chicago Med”at 9:00 p.m. on NBC. Part 2 of the Infection Crossover.
- The fifth season finale of “Jay Leno’s Garage”at 10:00 p.m. on CNBC.
- The second season premiere of “Impulse”on YouTube. Teleporting teenager Henrietta Coles (Maddie Hasson) keeps searching for the truth about her powers. (Trailer)
- The series premiere of “Limetown”on Facebook. Jessica Bielis a journalist investigating the disappearance of over 300 people at a small research town. (Trailer)
Tonight’s schedule also includes “Riverdale” at 8:00 p.m. . . . “Nancy Drew” and “SEAL Team” at 9:00 . . . and “Stumptown”, “American Horror Story”, “S.W.A.T.”, and “Chicago P.D.” at 10:00 p.m.
Wednesday Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”- Lupita Nyong’o, Dane Cook, and The Avett Brothers. (Repeat)
- “Jimmy Kimmel”- Jennifer Aniston, Dave Matthews, and Blanco Brown.
- “Stephen Colbert”- Whoopi Goldberg, and Ta-Nehisi Coates. (Repeat)
- “James Corden”- Ed Helms, June Diane Raphael, and 5 Seconds of Summer. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers”- John Goodman, Michael C. Hall, and Midland. (Repeat)
- “Trevor Noah”- Cyntoia Brown-Long, and Ali Wong.
- “Conan”- “Scraps”. (Repeat)
- “David Spade”- Thomas Lennon, Whitney Cummings, and Diplo.
- “Lilly Singh”- Meghan Trainor. (Repeat)
As for Daytime Talk Shows: Kaley Cuoco is on “Kelly Clarkson”, Jessica Biel is on “Ellen”, Camryn Manheim is on “The Talk”, Alyssa Milano is on “The View”, and Mariska Hargitay is on “Kelly and Ryan”.