Did you know Americans watch the most TV? Of course we do – with like 300 different networks producing so many original shows it’d literally be impossible to find enough time to watch all of ’em.
But we’re gonna try. According to a study, people in North America watch more TV than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is WELL above the worldwide average of just under three hours.
The study also found that American TV shows are the most popular worldwide. British shows are second. You can celebrate our achievement with some great new television.
- “The Little Mermaid Live!”at 8:00 p.m. on ABC. Amber Riley from “Glee” hosts this Wonderful World of Disney special that mixes live performances with scenes from the original movie. As for the cast: “Moana” star Auli’I Cravalho is Ariel, Queen Latifah as Ursula, Shaggy as Sebastian the crab, John Stamos as Chef Louis, and Graham Phillips as Prince Eric.
- “The Voice”at 8:00 p.m. on NBC. Part 4 of the Knockout Rounds.
- The fifth season premiere of “Running Wild with Bear Grylls”at 10:00 p.m. It just moved to the National Geographic Channelthis season. Brie Larson guests on the first episode.
- The second season finale of “Mayans M.C.”at 10:00 p.m. on FX.
Tonight’s schedule also includes “The Flash”, “The Resident”, and “NCIS” at 8:00 p.m. . . . “Arrow”, “Empire”, and “This Is Us” at 9:00 . . . and “Emergence”, “Treadstone”, and “NCIS: New Orleans” at 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday Late-Night Talk Shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Adam Sandler, Jenny Slate, and Megan Gailey.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Mandy Moore, Josh Lucas, and Hootie & the Blowfish.
- “Stephen Colbert”– Elizabeth Banks, Senator Amy Klobuchar, and King Princess.
- “James Corden”– Hillary Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, and Sheryl Crow.
- “Seth Meyers”– Kristin Chenoweth, Michael Kelly, and Sinéad Burke.
- “Trevor Noah”– Senator Cory Booker, and Edward Norton.
- “Conan”– Bert Kreischer.
- “David Spade”– Bobby Lee, and Theo Von.
- “Lilly Singh”– Ewan McGregor, and Rebecca Ferguson.
As for Daytime Talk Shows: Keegan-Michael Key is on “Kelly Clarkson”, Shia LaBeouf is on “Ellen”, Kellie Pickler is on “The Talk”, Jane Fonda is on “The View”, and Tim McGraw is on “Kelly and Ryan”.