FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – On Monday, the City of Fort Wayne and Mayor Tom Henry welcomed the Fort Wayne FC soccer club, an expansion team of the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL), to Fort Wayne. Based in Fort Wayne, the Fort Wayne Football Club, (FWFC) represents the highest competitive play of men’s outdoor soccer in Northeast Indiana. Fort Wayne FC joins the NPSL, a national outdoor soccer league at the fourth tier of the United States soccer pyramid. The club will begin competition in the Midwest Region’s Great Lakes Conference starting in May 2020. Fort Wayne FC plans to introduce a competitive women’s team in 2022.
FWFC will draw its interest, experience, and knowledge from members, players, and supporters of Fort Wayne’s local adult and youth soccer clubs as well as many smaller soccer clubs and college and high school soccer teams located in Fort Wayne and its 11-county region of Northeast Indiana.
The Fort Wayne FC will be an added team to the already competitive NPSL – Great Lakes Conference. The owners, coaches, and staff of the newly formed Fort Wayne FC expect not only a winning season, but also reaching the postseason stage. Not only will Fort Wayne FC compete successfully, but as part of the community it will generate a positive economic impact for Fort Wayne and its surrounding area and will make Fort Wayne a destination for soccer enthusiasts.
The club’s mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana, in support of U.S. Soccer efforts to develop world-class players, coaches, and referees. With the “Passion for Soccer,” Fort Wayne FC will build community and belonging through the beautiful game and the spirit of soccer. The club’s vision is to provide a stepping stone for young and talented soccer players from the large pool of youth and young adult players in Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana in order to play, develop, and compete at the highest level of soccer nationally and internationally.
Fort Wayne FC is led by a strong and diverse ownership group with a passion for soccer having played competitively in their youth or as adults. The owners believe the city of Fort Wayne has the passion and enthusiasm to support a soccer team at a high level of play. The team will build on its strong connection to Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana to become a point of pride in the community.
The National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) is the largest established men’s soccer league i
n The United States with 94 teams competing across the country in 2019. The NPSL is a member of the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) and is affiliated with the United States Soccer Federation.
The United States Soccer Federation (USSF) is the official governing body of the sport of soccer in the United States and a member of the world soccer body FIFA.
With headquarters in Chicago, USSF governs amateur and professional soccer, including the men’s, women’s, youth, beach soccer, futsal, and Paralympic national teams.
The Ownership of Fort Wayne FC includes:
● Dr. Erik Magner, President of Fort Wayne FC. President of Meister Cook, LLC, a designer and manufacturer of custom foodservice equipment for large restaurant chains.
● John Bellio, Vice-President of Fort Wayne FC. President of Coldwell Banker Roth Wehrly Graber, the largest real estate agency in Fort Wayne.
● Drew Little, President of Red Giant, one of the largest special effects software company in the US.
● Roy Carver, President of R3 Composites Corporation, a leading manufacturer and supplier of fiberglass parts to the automotive industry and housing industry.
● Steve Bermes, President of Novae Corp, is regarded as the largest privately held trailer manufacturer world-wide.
● Mark Music, President of Ruoff Home Mortgage, which ranks in the top 100 mortgage companies in the US.
● Tom Lapsley, President of the Thistle Group and US Silicones, a specialized custom silicone company.
● Michael Khorshid, President of Khorporate Holdings, a diverse group of technology and service companies.
Greg Mauch will serve as General Manager. Greg is a member of the Indiana Soccer Hall of Fame and the Indiana Soccer Coaches Association Hall of Fame.