Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– The U.S. loses a chunk of nature the size of a football field every 30 seconds.
– Qatar Airways has a strict policy for falcons on their planes . . . only six are allowed in the cabin, and only one falcon per passenger.
– There’s no road that connects North America and South America. There’s a 100-mile swamp in Panama and northern Colombia that breaks up the Pan-American Highway.
– The entire first season of “Cheers” took place at the bar. They didn’t have a scene anywhere else until Diane’s apartment in the first episode of the second season.
– The two countries outside America where “Schindler’s List” had the biggest box office were Germany and Japan.
Strange and trending news:
– A new survey found 30% of people who cook HATE their own cooking. And the top cooking mistakes we make are burning food . . . burning pans . . . letting pots boil over . . . setting off a smoke detector . . . and using too much salt. (Full Story)
– A new study figured out which fast food chains we’re the most LOYAL to, based on how often the average person goes there. And the top five are: Starbucks . . . McDonald’s . . . Dunkin’ Donuts . . . Sonic . . . and Subway. (Full Story)
– Today is National Pasta Day, and according to a new survey, 93% of Americans say they always have pasta in the house. The survey also found the most popular thing to add to pasta is beef. (Full Story)
– There’s a picture going viral from a guy in England who eats MASHED POTATO SANDWICHES. That’s buttered bread with just mashed potatoes and cheese on it . . . no gravy. So does that sound good . . . or terrible? (Full Story)
– There’s a discussion on Reddit about things men do that they THINK are okay but are actually creepy. Some of the top answers are: Asking a woman, “Where’s my hug?” . . . saying “You’re perfect” within a few minutes of meeting someone . . . and asking a woman you just met if she lives alone. (Full Story)
– Here are a few results from a new study of women who are having affairs. It happens an average of seven years into the marriage . . . 64% of the women say they feel sexually neglected in their marriage . . . and only 32% feel guilty about cheating. (Full Story)
– Kellogg’s is selling six of its cereals all MIXED TOGETHER for Spirit Day today. It’s called “All Together” cereal. Each box is $20, and has a mix of Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Rice Krispies, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Raisin Bran, and Corn Flakes. (Full Story)
— GLAAD (@glaad) October 17, 2019
– A tech company in the U.K. is looking for a, quote, “kind and friendly face” to use on its new line of robot assistants for old people. And they’re letting anyone apply by uploading a photo. Then whoever they choose will get $130,000. (Full Story)
– A married couple in Oklahoma had an open relationship with another woman . . . but it fell apart when the guy went to live with the other woman and they argued over chores. He left, that other woman rammed into him on his motorcycle, his wife and her got into a fistfight, and both women were arrested. (Full Story)
– A burglary suspect in Texas told the cops there was, quote, “no way” they’d ever find him on Friday. Then they found him a few hours later . . . hiding in his own attic. (Full Story)
– A guy in Iowa flashed his junk at a woman in a Dollar General last week. And he told the cops it was because he saw someone do it in a PORNO and he thought the woman might, quote, “respond to it sexually.” He was arrested for indecent exposure. (Full Story)
– A 54-year-old from Boston was in Chicago on Sunday for the Chicago Marathon and saw a guy with a gun robbing people a metro train. So he wrestled the gun away, held the guy until cops got there, then left and still ran the marathon. (Full Story)
— Ben Bradley (@BenBradleyTV) October 15, 2019